Technical Support Engineer
GWI is hiring for a Technical Support Engineer for their Biddeford, ME location!
Are you a line worker who is tired of working outside in inclement weather? GWI wants to talk with you about an exciting indoor broadband opportunity! If you are looking to work with new technology and a company on a growth path, then GWI is your employer of choice! Maybe, you are not a line worker. That’s okay, too! If you have experience with switches, troubleshooting, PBX, fiber, networks, IT, high speed, phone lines, or hosted phone services and are customer centric… then let’s talk!
GWI is expanding and seeking a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for taking technical support calls, diagnostic troubleshooting, problem identification and provide resolution to issues.
- One to two years of technical education in computers, information systems or data communications or a related field of technology and three to five years’ experience in a progressive information systems or telecommunications environment or equivalent.
- One to Three years related experience and or training in a technical service support environment or contact center.
- Proficient and working knowledge with computers, telephones, and software applications.
- Some experience with LAN components: hubs, routers, switches, and basic wiring, troubleshooting, fiber, high speed, broadband and IT.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries and complaints from customers.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The ability to write clear and concise email, documentation, and instructions for both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Able to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, other GWI employees, and members of the business community in a professional manner.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Able to write reports and correspondence to customers and peers, in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- A willingness to work flexible hours and cooperate in satisfying department needs.
- Able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks under pressure and in a changing environment
- Regular work attendance with minimal absenteeism and tardiness.
- Excellent time-management and multitasking skills.
- Normal office environment with moderate exposure to noise, dust, and temperature.
- When required ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Position may require excessive use of telephone, keyboard and monitor to perform regular functions of the job.
- Currently GWI is operating remotely due to the pandemic. Ability to work both in the office and remotely is required. GWI will supply necessary hardware and software to establish and maintain a remote work environment. Access to high speed internet is also required but will not be provided or reimbursed by the company.
- Participate in regularly scheduled pre-dispatch configuration of customer premise equipment that must be done at our office in Biddeford in accordance with strict COVID prevention protocols.
GWI is a company that builds the 21st century infrastructure, which communities depend on to conduct their lives and grow their economy. GWI is a Certified B Corporation and on the 2020 Maine’s Best Places to Work list. GWI networks are infused with their DNA of network reliability, neutrality, privacy, reliability, and security. These networks are vital for everyone; digital inclusion is a fundamental goal.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
To apply, please click this link.
GWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.