GWI is hiring for an Accounting Associate to join their growing team in Biddeford, ME (but currently working remotely). We are a company that builds the 21st-century infrastructure which communities depend on to conduct their lives and grow their economy. Our networks are infused with our DNA of network reliability, neutrality, privacy, reliability, and security. These networks are vital for everyone; digital inclusion is a fundamental goal. Every day we measure our performance not just on profit but on the positive impact our network has on the communities we passionately serve.
As an Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for assisting other members of the Finance department with several accounting and bookkeeping functions including, but not limited to, journal entries, billing, financial reporting, payroll, account reconciliation, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position is a great way to gain valuable experience in several areas of Accounting.
- Calculate, prepare and enter monthly journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Analyze general ledger account balances, and complete reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with reviewing posting reports, bank statements, and preparing detailed financial and statistical reports.
- Prepare reporting for regulatory agencies, including sales and excise taxes.
- Process bi-weekly payroll, which includes a monthly commission run.
- Provide billing customer support where required, which includes making account changes in the system as needed.
- Involvement in procurement process as requested.
- Enter A/P invoices and process payments to vendors on a weekly basis and maintain vendor relationships.
- Perform various Accounts Receivable functions including preparing late notices, submitting balances to collections and reaching out to the customer directly.
- Maintain all vendor and contractor insurance documentation.
- Seek bids for purchases through the procurement process.
- Perform telecommunications billing and costing audits as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar, or comparable related experience.
- Strong Excel skills (or willingness to take courses).
- Knowledge and experience working with billing/accounting/payroll software a plus.
- Strong task and detail-oriented skills – attention to detail is critical.
- Quality control—accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to work independently and self-start.
- Confidentiality is of highest importance.
To apply for this job, please click here.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
GWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.