Director of Finance-Vermont
Director of Finance
Location: South Royalton, VT
GWI Vermont is seeking a Director of Finance to work onsite in S. Royalton, VT.
This position is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of GWI-VT, as well as ECFiber and LymeFiber, and is a key member of our executive team reporting to the General Manager.
Requirements of the Director of Finance:
- BA in Accounting plus 5 – 10 years of increasing responsibility. CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of Governmental GAAP and application of same.
- Experience hiring and managing staff.
- Experience working in small-medium organizations that are in growth mode.
- Experience and knowledge managing multiple organizations simultaneously
- Experience with non-profit/government boards and their information requirements.
- Willingness to mentor new management team members in standard financial practices.
- Knowledge of the audit process and ability to work with auditors.
Benefits of the Job:
- Salary of $85-115K
- Medical, Dental, Vision options
- PTO, Paid Vacation, 8 paid holidays
Responsibilities of the Director of Finance:
- Designs and implements standard accounting controls.
- Analyzes and reports on cash management and flow.
- Allocates costs between projects.
- Develops and reviews quarterly and annual budgets with management team.
- Develops and presents quarterly and annual financial results for multiple companies.
- Establishes and maintains a purchase order system.
- Oversees AP, AR, collections, and payroll functions for the company and its managed organizations.
- Consults with other members of management on price changes and service offerings.
- Assists Senior Board Financial Advisor on external financial matters.
- Manages, trains and mentors finance department staff, as necessary.
- Collaborates with senior management team to establish, measure and report on KPIs.
- Develops and maintains an approval and signature authority matrix for the organization.
GWI is a company that builds the 21st century infrastructure which communities depend on to conduct their lives and grow their economy. A Certified B Corporation, GWI’s networks are infused with their DNA of network reliability, neutrality, privacy, and security. These networks are vital for everyone; digital inclusion is a fundamental goal. Every day, GWI measures their performance not just on profit but on the positive impact their network has on the communities they passionately serve.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS, PLEASE
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.