Since 1994 GWI has been instrumental in growing high speed internet access across the state of Maine. We believe that with reliable internet service, anything is possible. As a Maine-based company serving Maine customers, we work hard every day to deliver the best products and experiences for our neighbors, families, and friends.
GWI is looking for a motivated, professional and self-directed individual to join their Technical Support team as a Technician I. This position is responsible for handling customer cases, troubleshooting and providing basic and advanced technical support to customers via phone and email.
Responsibilities of Technician I:
- Communication and education of GWI customers for all products and service questions.
- Answering calls and email in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Communicate all customer complaints or service concerns to management.
- Point of contact to assist with the collection and dissemination of information to provide management insight for resolving escalations to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Support customers via diagnostic troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution for phone and Internet delivered via copper or fiber.
- Manage the dispatch of GWI field support technicians for customer trouble, installations and new service turn up.
- Act as a liaison between customers engineering teams, sales teams and Maintain companywide communication using internal communication tools and fostering interdepartmental communication.
Requirements and Qualifications of Technician I:
- Two (2) to four (4) years of technical education in computers, information systems or data communications or a related field of technology required
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a progressive information systems or telecommunications environment or equivalent.
- One (1) to three (3) years related experience and or training in a technical service support environment or call center preferred
- Proficient and working knowledge with computers, telephone and software applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries and complaints from customers.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- A willingness to work flexible hours and cooperate in satisfying department needs.
- Excellent time-management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm and calming demeanor while handling difficult customer service issues.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered. Please send resume and cover letter.
NO RECRUITERS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK LINK.
GWI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.