GWI, a Maine based company that serves Maine customers to provide them with high speed internet access is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join their team.
This position is responsible for taking technical support calls and responding to email from GWI’s customers. Provide basic and advanced technical support via education, communication and troubleshooting for a diverse portfolio of products and services.
- Responsible for the communication, education of GWI customers for answering all products and service questions.
- Develop relationship with commercial sales team that fosters communication: outages, issues, developments, specific customer issues and trends.
- Support customers via diagnostic troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution for these technologies delivered via copper or fiber: broadband and high capacity circuit connections
- Provide expert care via problem solving, requirements gathering and implementation of changes for our current and future managed services products:Fiber and copper media service turn up and provisioning, Configuration, testing and implementation of CPE, Endpoint monitoring and analysis, Hosted PBX
- Provide customer support for advanced services such as LAN components, e-mail clients, POP/IMAP connections, browsers and basic HTML.
- Act as a liaison between customers and GWI Technology teams.
- Accurately track all incoming and outgoing calls utilizing GWI systems, reporting details of the customer and their problems, corrective actions taken, and current status.
- One to two years of technical education in computers, information systems or data communications or a related field of technology and three to five years’ experience in a progressive information systems or telecommunications environment or equivalent.
- One to three years related experience and or training in a technical service support environment or contact center.
- Proficient and working knowledge with computers, telephone and software applications.
- Three to five years of experience with LAN components: hubs, routers, switches, and basic wiring.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to respond to inquiries and complaints from customers.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills necessary.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB, PLEASE USE THIS LINK
GWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.