24/7 GWI Technical Support: Always on Your Schedule!
At GWI, we are dedicated to providing our members with the best technical support possible. Our Support Team is made up of highly trained technical support people located right here in Maine. You will find them friendly, knowledgeable and experienced in all facets of Internet and Telephone connectivity. And whether you are a beginner just learning the Web or an experienced professional with advanced needs, we have the tools to help you 24/7 – even on weekends!
Support is as easy as click or call
Try our state-of-the-art Interactive Self-Help Tools featuring answers to our members’ most frequently asked questions. From “how to” questions about using the Internet, your Broadband or Dial-Up connection, or email service, to more technical topics on website hosting, Internet security and high-speed bandwidth specifications, will find the answer here.
Be Alert for Phishing Scams
IMPORTANT GWI SECURITY MESSAGE:
As your trusted phone and Internet service provider, GWI urges you to protect your information. It is important to remember that we will never send you an email requesting that you provide us with user names, account numbers, passwords, or other personal information or send an email regarding account deletion or deactivation, or credit/debit card information. We will never call you and ask you to provide us with information we already have available to us such as account numbers, passwords, or other personal information.
If you receive such a communication, GWI encourages you to:
For questionable emails, forward the email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for review and then delete the unsolicited email without clicking on links or opening attachments.
For questionable phone calls, advise us of the phone call by calling Customer Service at 1-866-494-2020.
Occasionally at GWI, we have system upgrades and issues that could affect your service. We invite you to check back here for the latest details on recent or upcoming system activities and stay current with GWI's scheduled updates.
Webmail Migration Update for Midcoast Customers
The process of migrating email services for former Midcoast Internet customers is continuing this morning. As of 8:00 AM, all customers will see the new GWI webmail interface when they log in to check their email. New messages are flowing to this webmail server at this time, however the migration of your old messages is still in process and you may not see it for several hours. Please bear with us while this process is completed.
In addition, please be aware of the following regarding the migration of email accounts:
- We will be unable to map folders to the new mail servers folders. As a result, you may see duplicate folders in your mailbox. (For example "Trash" and "Deleted.")
- Some users had errors in their whitelist/blacklist and the lists were not migrated as a result. If you are affected, support will contact you.
- The new email server has a 1000 character limit on the length of email signatures. As a result, some customers email signatures were not transferred exactly as they were before. Support will contact you if you are impacted.
We hope you find the new webmail interface to be easy to use. If you have questions you can contact support at 1-855-891-4188. Thank you for your patience!
New Email Server Information for Midcoast Customers
As part of our efforts to integrate customers of the former Midcoast Internet Solutions into the GWI community, GWI is migrating email accounts to GWI platforms. The new GWI email service will offer improved performance, security and stability. Your email address will not change.
If you use an email client, such as Microsoft Outlook, settings will need to be changed in order to avoid an interruption in email service. These changes MUST be made by May 1, 2013.
The new email settings are:
|POP3email@example.com||110||Yes - Port 995|
|IMAPfirstname.lastname@example.org||143||Yes - Port 993|
|SMTPemail@example.com||25 or 587||Yes - Port 465|
*If your email address includes kona or lincoln, your username in the new setup should be firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Your password hasn’t changed, use the same one as before.
During the month of May we will be switching from Midcoast's Squirrel Mail to the GWI Webmail system. There is no action required on your part to make this transition. When you log into the new system you will see your existing email folders and signature as well as all of your email.
Important Information About Security
As we proceed with this process, it’s important to keep the following in mind:
- If your email client supports SSL we encourage you to utilize the encryption.
- We will never ask for your login information by email. If you want or need to change your password, call our support department and they can assist you.
- If you think someone may be trying to trick you out of your login info, call our support department at 1-855-891-4188.
- The new email servers will allow you to use the same mail settings anywhere in the world, without having to adopt the local SMTP server for wherever you may be at the time. Whether you are at home on your PC, traveling with a laptop or using your smartphone to access mail, you may use the same settings.
We are excited to be able to provide you the enhanced service that this new email platform will provide and to complete the process of bringing you into the GWI community. Thank you for allowing us to continue serving your phone and Internet needs.